Default Shooting

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:40:08 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Do not know the latest stats, but 20 years ago, only 5% of police ever
pulled their weapon in the line of duty in their whole career.

I see some cops at the local ranges who are horrible shots, and some of
them joke about it. One would think a certain level of proficiency with
firearms would have to be achieved and maintained, but maybe no. Last
year when I was messing around at the range with my revolver and
shooting pretty decently, one of them asked me how I got "so good."
Well, I'm only "decent" with it, certainly not "so good." I told him the
same way a musician gets to Carnegie Hall...practice, practice,
practice. He got it.

Regular cops are generally horrible shots. You only have to look at
the average hits per shots fired to see that. Some practice regularly
and take it seriously but most just find it hard enough to qualify to
carry their gun.
I was really surprised at how bad the cops were who used to come over
to my house to shoot. It was somewhat a rigged game since I was
shooting a lot at the time but simple things like 5 rapid fire shots
at 5 targets at 7 yards or even 5 yards seemed to be hard for them.
There are still 2 holes in the block wall at my Ex's house where one
guy missed the 2x3 bullet trap completely. (on 2 separate days)