Alex[_10_] Alex[_10_] is offline

Default Shooting

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
Took my friend, Carmen, to the range Friday. We shot the SE1911 and the Sig Sauer P226. We even had
a contest, me shooting the Sig, Carmen with the Ruger. Our bet was a cup of coffee, McD's senior
coffee, for each round. He tore me up for the first three rounds, and I was down three cups of
coffee. That's big bucks, 'cause senior coffee at the local McD's is $0.72/cup, with free refills of
course.

Then I decided to try something. Instead of shooting with both arms extended (isosceles stance), I
adopted a stance more in line with the Weaver stance, both elbows, especially the supporting elbow,
bent. This brought the gun much closer to my eyes, enabling better focus of sights and target, and
provided much better support. The gun was much easier to hold on target.

Thank God for small favors. The change worked. I was hitting the targets much better, and actually
won the next three rounds.

So, we broke even.

This morning we got together and cleaned guns for a couple hours. Great fun.

Nice! That was a great contribution, Harry. You made an old man very
happy!