Blazer

Default Marine Electronics and othe equipment in Koper, Slovenia

"El Zed" wrote in message ...

"Blazer" ha scritto nel messaggio ...
Hi Kristian,

I know little about Koper other than calling in there once when cruising but
I just want to say how satisfied I am keeping my yacht in Italy just across
the water in Aprilia Marittima where there is a marina of more than 2'000
boats ( http://www.netanday.it/aprilia/ ). Consequently, the support
infrastructure is excellent with many competent craftspeople, many of them
German who have relocated there. Perhaps you are only using Koper to launch,
fit out and move on, in which case you could still use the facilities in
Italy, which are infinitely better than either Slovenia or Croatia...

yes, probably. But infinitely more expensive!!!
Furthermore, I don't know about Slovenia, but I know for sure that on Croatian coast's harbours quality level has increased a lot, and you could find some good Marina close to bigger towns (Pula, Zadar, Split just to mention some of them) in which you can find whatever you may ever need...

Luca
Hmm, while I admit things have enormously improved in Croatia there just isn't the same quantity of resources (and I think, attitude) as in Italy. I was in Umag, Rovinj, Pula, Mali Losinj and Zadar, plus many other smaller harbours, throughout this summer - so I'm not out of touch or out of date - and I know where I would get my boat maintained (Italy) despite the admittedly higher initial cost.

Regards,

Brian.