justan justan is offline

Default Are K-cups evil for the environment?

True North Wrote in message:
On Saturday, 7 January 2017 22:25:53 UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 13:01:53 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Couldn't talk the wife out of a Keurig so I found the 545 model on sale at Costco. It came with the stainless reusable cup so I can use the Folgers coffee I'm used to.

The last time I was at Costco, they had Folgers in K cups.

They have them up here but usual price is just over 50 cents a cup vs Folgers 920 gram tubs which supposedly give you 200 cups at $ 6.99 on sale at Wal*Mart. A tiny fraction of the cost if you don't mind cleaning that little reusable pod.

You have Wal-Mart up there now? That's progress. Who cares about
cost. Keurig is all about fresh coffee no mess, rapid brew, and
convenience? You get none of the above the way you do
it.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/