Moores Family

Default Sailing upriver in Europe/France

Moores Family wrote:

Hoges in WA wrote:

Would appreciate advice on whether it is feasible to explore Europe along
the rivers. Are passage fees prohibitive? Are bridges probitive for most
mast heights? Is settling down for a few weeks at anchor and cycling about
permissible? What would be the common-sense limit size yacht assuming
travel was possible?

While winding my way through one site which dealt with group sailing in
France, I saw the comment that it was possible to go into France Atlantic
side and exit Mediterranean. Looking at the atlas made me no wiser on this
but it sort of started the preceding questions running through my mind.

I have been googling things like "Up the Douro..." etc etc and have had my
interest sparked by the prospect of extended retirement cruising to all the
places I wanted to see but work just got in the way.

--
Hoges in WA
Remove the zeds.

G'day Hoges

I recently read a book by an Adelaide woman who, with hubby & son, did a
circumnav in a 40ish foot concrete ketch (called Just Lookin II),
including canaling through Europe from the Med to the Channel- he's
Dutch & they wanted to visit his rellies or something. Can't remember
the name of it at the moment, but it was in the local library (Gold
Coast), so you may find it in yours. If I can find it I'll let you
know.
JM

Found it- Book's called 'Oceans of Experience: a world voyage.' ANF
910.41 TRO Author is Yvonne Tromp. She's listed in wp, I can email
details if you want...
JM