Surfman

Default Newbie question

Learning on small boats is less expensive, especially when you break
things. I learned on dinghies. I think that most people will tell you
it is best to start out on dinghies, lasers, O'days. Good way to learn
sail trim, points of sail, sail handling, etc. Good luck!

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:53:58 -0700, "Todd" none wrote:

This is an awfully loaded question (and one stemming from complete
ignorance), but is there a general consensus within the sailing community as
to a size and type of sailboat that a novice should learn on if one is
thinking of purchasing a boat?

tia.

Todd.