The Carrolls

Default Avoiding an Accidental Gybe - suggestions please

If rigging a preventer is not what you have in mind, either ATN or Duchman
systems, I can't remember which makes a fitting called a Boom-Brake to stop
the boom in case of an accidental gybe.
"Sting" wrote in message
Does anyone have any recommendations for rigs to prevent an accidental

gybe.
My boat is a 34 foot sloop.
Having just had the scariest experience of my life taking my unconscious
brother in law to casualty this weekend following a boom/head incident,

I'm
keen never to repeat the experience.
Bye the way - bottom line is concentration lapsed and I took my eye off

the
changing wind direction but something to restrain the boom in future would
be reassuring.