Garry Beattie

Default Cruising tips for small yachts

"d parker" wrote in message
. au...
Garry is that one of those garden lights you are talking about? I have

been
wondering about those for some time. What is the output of the bulb?

Cheers

Yes that's the ones Dave.

I am not sure what their actual light output is, and in a city environment
it doesn't look to be very much. But when you get out on the ocean, away
from lights, then they seem to be a lot brighter and are easily spotted.

Just one thing though. Most of them come in 3 various colours. White, yellow
and blue. Make sure you get the white light. (which is actually a pale blue
anyway.)

The actual bulb itself is not all that bright, but it then goes through a
reflective diffuser and then another diffuser to make it appear much
brighter.

It saves a lot of headaches over battery power. Almost everyone in our
cruising club now uses them.

Best regards

Garry Beattie
Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer &