Default Lower unit oil squirter

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 06:48:23 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

8:32 AMKeyser Söze
On 11/11/16, 9:14 AM, Tim wrote:
Maybe I did it wrong but on my mercruiser outboards I got tired of trying to squeeze it up from the bottom. So I'd do that as much as I could stand. Then I'd take the four bolts off the top of the drive and pour it to the top. And leave it for a half hour or so. Yep. Up comes little bubbles. I'd top it off and re-cap the lower.

Never had a problem. Bit I don't think it'd work well with an outboard though. Lol!

Gosh, Tim, in the 1950s, we had a three wheel dolly that held a five
gallon can of lower unit oil fitted with a commercial grade hand pump
that made the job easy. I know this because one of my first jobs at the
boat shop was changing out the oil in lower units and refilling them.
The store also sold a little hand pump with a fitting and tubing that
made filling the lower unit easy. Cost maybe $5 back then. Technology,
ain't it amazing?

That's fine if you have a commercial shop. But it's not be necessary for a DIY.
Changing gear live 3 times in 10 years doesnt warrant me having something eels to kick out of the way...

I do my L/U oil once or twice a year but I am looking for something
smaller than the freon jug squirter I have. I figure 4" PVC about a
foot long will hold over 2 quarts of oil and still have enough room
for some air propellant. I also do not need the 8' hose I have on the
original squirter. That will not take up as much room on the shelf as
2 quarts of oil. I think that for the valve, an air gun would work.
Easy to use with a push to squirt button. I have one with a rubber tip
that would seal well into the fill hole.