Default In solidarity with my northern friends

On Thu, 3 Nov 2016 05:32:36 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Wed, 02 Nov 2016 21:25:13 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 11:21:35 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

" Much as I like having the pool heated it has to go off in January and
February. The heat pump just can't keep up in cool weather. If I had
my druthers I'd be in the Caribbean that time of year. "

Wayne I'm surprised you're not already making plans?

Maybe you are. Lol!

===

Maybe next year. I'm still hoping to get to Cuba one of these days. I
now have insurance that will cover me there and the regulations keep
easing up.

I have been to Gitmo a couple times and that was all the Cuba I need
for a while. Maybe when the Castros are gone and Marriott takes over
I might go. I don't want to say the wrong thing and end up in prison.

They used to try to make the place tolerable for sailors and
families. I was there for 6 weeks after a fram job on my floating
hotel. Time flew by pretty quickly because they kept us pretty
busy with training exercises. The first time I ever saw an iguana
was at the EM club. He or she would walk from table to table
mooching food scraps. Not a bad time but Things have changed.
Remember the cattle car?

Nope? When I was there with the CG we didn't get off the boat and when
I was there with IBM I was staying at the AOQ. I had a guy in a Jeep
taking me around. I did get over to the Mud Hut late one night (on the
Marine side) but I don't remember a lot of it ;-)
The IBM trip was the best of both worlds. I was an officer with an
enlisted ID card in my pocket.