Poquito Loco Poquito Loco is offline

Default In solidarity with my northern friends

On Tue, 1 Nov 2016 17:13:12 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

True North Wrote in message:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:29:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I got into the water halfway up to my knees at Bodega Bay, north of San
Francisco. Then I got out. I don't know what the temp was, but it was
mighty cold. Too cold for me at Paradise Cove, near LA, and too cold off
a beach in the San Diego area. What good are these oceans if you can't
swim in them, anyway?

"We froze in Santa Cruz in June"

Oh my...we see a number of cruise ship passengers looking like your wife in the fall.
Trick here is to find a good jacket/coat that not only acts like a windbreaker, but resists rain while "breathing".
For heavy rain you need a real rain coat.

I hear the natives use sealskins for that

The white ones from the baby seals they club to death?