Default Captains cost

On 20 Jul 2003 12:43:28 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

In Australia it's called mates rates. Friends helping friends.

If a sailing buddy needs help then, if you can, offer to help without
sticking your hand out for $$ in return.

we do the same thing here. however, strangers are not usually considered
"mates" or "friends". they are also not considered slave laborers available
for use by anyone who says he requires help.

Where I come from, if you are part of the sailing community, then you
are not a stranger anymore. If more of the "mates helping mates"
filosophy was used, we will be a better world. Your kind of thinking
makes me think that the documentary "Bowling for Columbine" was right
on the mark regarding the USA.