JAXAshby

Default Cutter

Unless one believes word meanings are divinely ordained, both answers are
correct.

language continues to change. Up until very recently a sloop with two head
sails was called a "twin head sail" sloop, though through usage (and lack of
understanding on the part of many users), people are begining to use the turm
cutter for any boat with twin head sails. I don't know that I have head any
naval architect use the terms in any but the traditional way.

probably, ten or twenty years from now cutter and twin head sails will be the
same.