RG

Default cuddy get too hot?

"David Ditch" wrote in message
Hi all,
My wife and I are on the fence about a bowrider or a cuddy. On thing I was
wondering is if the cabin gets really hot when you are not moving?

We have been looking at the Four Winns sundowner
We have Kids: newborn (may stay with grandparents till older), 4year old

and
2 year old
Any questions I should ask my self when determining if I should have a

cuddy
or bowrider?
We are in the Chesapeake bay near Annapolis.

Bowriders outsell Cuddys by a wide margin, and I've never understood why. I
guess kids get a kick out of sitting in the bow area. Personally, I'd just
as soon not have people in front of the helm obstructing my view forward.
Also, I believe that passengers are inherently safer in the cockpit area of
a runabout than in the bow area, in the event of sudden maneuvers, stops, or
collisions. I realize nobody plans on such events happening, but they
occasionally do, and passengers are less likely to be thrown from the boat
in the cockpit area, which typically has much more height from the sole to
the gunwales, than in the bow area of a bowrider. As has been mentioned
many times already, the Cuddy is multifunctional, providing out of the way
and secure (lockable) storage for gear, as well as sleeping accommodations
and privacy. The bowrider area has only two functions, seating for people
who aren't paying for the boat, and letting weather and greenies into the
cockpit. I've owned two Cuddys and thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the
small cabin. I've never had any interest in owning a bowrider. Honestly, I
simply can't understand anybody who thinks eight people in a 20' boat is a
good time.