Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Hurricane Matthew

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:51:09 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Before I continue, I note the Neal posted almost exactly a year ago,
expecting us to get slammed. that didn't happen, then...

Just a very quick note to say:

Matthew came through Beaufort SC at 105MPH.

We prepped Flying Pig after going onto a mooring (we'd been anchored across
the river) at the Beaufort City Marina and put on 4 extra-strength lines,
well chafe-protected). Once secured, we dinghied over to Lady's Island
Marina, where we stowed (via filling with water) our dinghy and outboard and
gas can.

===

Glad to hear that you came through it OK. We just came down the
Florida ICW over the last few days after hiding out in a creek off the
St John's River, just north of Green Cove Springs. The east coast of
FL is littered with well over 100 boats that broke loose during the
storm.

How did you attach all of those extra lines to the mooring?