Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Hurricane Matthew

Before I continue, I note the Neal posted almost exactly a year ago,
expecting us to get slammed. that didn't happen, then...

Just a very quick note to say:

Matthew came through Beaufort SC at 105MPH.

We prepped Flying Pig after going onto a mooring (we'd been anchored across
the river) at the Beaufort City Marina and put on 4 extra-strength lines,
well chafe-protected). Once secured, we dinghied over to Lady's Island
Marina, where we stowed (via filling with water) our dinghy and outboard and
gas can.

We got a relay ride to a Red Cross evacuation shelter in Ridgeland SC where
we were safe, relatively dry (the roof in the school leaked in multiple
places), fed and watered. I volunteered for keeping the men's room supplied
with paper, and to empty and re-line all the trash containers. Many new
friends were made, some of whom gave us a ride back to our dinghy.

We are now back aboard. All is VERY well aboard Flying Pig; we're
reassembling the topsides while we recharge the batteries. Pix and story
maybe in a separate post...

L8R

Skip (and Lydia), blessed.

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not
fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson