John R Weiss

Default Teak Wood Varnish

wrote...

Sounds to me like you have a vested interest of some sort in Honey Teak. Your
opinion is far more colored than Cetol could ever hope to be. Meanwhile, Cetol
is far less work to apply and maintain than anything you have recommended.

Yes,
we all know it has a slightly "off" color to it, but huge numbers of people

seem
to be willing to make that awful sacrifice rather than spend the time you do
stripping, sanding and recoating.

I haven't used Honey Teak, but have used Cetol for 5+ years on my boat. After a
couple coats of regular Cetol, I switched to the Cetol Light. For those who
want a matte finish, it works very well. OTOH, I wouldn't use it where one
would ordinarily use a high-gloss varnish...

FWIW, Practical Sailor rated Cetol and Honey Teak about the same in a review a
couple years ago -- both at the top of their ratings. Take your pick!