Default Teak Wood Varnish

That could be long range time consuming repetitive job.
Type of varnish would depend on your location and weather conditions. Many
varnishes have UV protection added. Find a few boats in your area with good
looking bright work and ask what they use.
Varnishing is a work of art, preparing surface, getting correct brushes,
handling materials correctly, tack, base coats, layering the 5 or 6 final
coats, then touching up every month or two depending on the weather and
usage. No short cuts. Best work is done by patient men in no hurry and
islanders who varnish since childhood.
I have kept the varnish up on my wheel, which I also keep covered when not
in use. So I only needed to touch up every 4 months. My father had two
thoughts on outside teak, paint it or let it weather. I let the rest of the
boat weather.

stu

"Rob" wrote in message
om...
Any ideas on exterior teak treatment? My exterior teak handrails and
teak trim over my cabin need something done to them. I used teak oil
on them a few months ago but it didn't last very long so I want to use
varnish to get the shine up. What type of varnish is recommended on
teak wood?