Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Government shuts down ITT Tech

On 9/13/2016 8:45 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 9/13/16 7:39 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 9/13/16 4:41 PM, Califbill wrote:
Poquito Loco wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 10:57:27 -0500, Califbill
wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 9/12/16 10:50 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 9/12/16 8:26 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 9/12/16 12:02 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 9/11/16 8:00 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 19:42:19 -0400, Keyser Soze

wrote:

You mean the ones who have gone through three to four
years of serious
apprenticeship training and on the job training?
Absolutely in
comparison to those who haven't.

I am having a hard time thinking of a trade that takes 4
years to
learn. This is more about limiting the number of people
who can get
into the trades.
There may have been a time when trades were arts but
technology has
made the most intricate skills obsolete. Nobody is packing
oakum in
cast iron pipe and filling it with molten lead.

Your experience on jobsites that are more than stick built
houses and
tilt up strip malls obviously is limited. Try laying out
and building a
one wythe serpentine wall 100' feet long, building a 12 story
loadbearing office building, doing the pipe welding for a
nuclear
facility or the iron work on a 60-story building and get
back to me with
your two weeks of training. Your arrogance about the lack
of skills of
construction craftworkers never ceases to astonish.

4 years? My brother was a welder on a nuclear facility. He
was a welder
on the nuke plant they built in the Antarctic. He did not
spend 4 years
learning to weld pipe. Building a 12 story, or a 50 story
building, takes
engineering talent, and lots of training. To bolt, rivet or
weld that
frame does not take 4 years to learn. I went to school for
36 weeks to
learn to fix mainframe computer systems for NCR. I got a 4
year degree in
Electronic engineering. That did not require 4 years of 40
hour weeks.

Try reading for content. Apprenticeship programs in the
skilled trades
typically run three to four years of classroom and practical
training.
I love the attempts here to minimize the skills necessary to
build large
or complex structures. Hell, man, you fell off the roof of a
house, right?

Here, go argue with the owners of this site:

http://www.constructionskills.org/pages/at.html

Apprentices who enter the construction industry through
Construction
Skills attend classes paid for by unions and contractors, while
simultaneously being employed on projects in their craft
throughout New
York City.*

As part of a registered apprenticeship program, apprentices
receive a
minimum of 144 hours of annual classroom instruction covering
the
theory, principles and technical knowledge required to do the
job. They
also receive on-the-job training while employed at wages
which increase
as their skills progress.

At the successful conclusion of apprenticeship training,
which typically
lasts 3-5 years depending on the trade, apprentices graduate
to journey
workers. Journey workers are recognized as the most qualified
members of
their craft and are paid top wages and benefits.

Apprenticeship is the process of learning a skilled
occupation through:

On-the-job training (practical, paid experience)

Classroom training (related, technical education)

All training is afforded to you free-of-charge as a union member
(similar to a scholarship)
Apprentices earn approximately $15–20 per hour plus benefits
Journey workers earn approximately $30–40 per hour plus benefits

The length of training varies from two to five years,
depending on the
trade.**

* and ** It's pretty much the same for union apprenticeships
throughout
the U.S. and Canada.

So, once again, in your long history of doing so, you have
ejaculated
nonsense and ignorance.

Does not take 4 years. Fact is with an engineering degree, I
can get a
general contractors license with one year of experience.

And build what? Roofs to fall off of?

Hire a drunk union carpenter to fall.

Well, the first part of your statement might explain why you fell
off
that roof...you were drunk.

Might, but have not been drunk for over 40 years. Group went out
after a
class.

Harry and Donnie have been telling that lie for years. Don't know why,
but they must get a charge
out of making up lies. Part of narcissism, I suppose.

Guilt at their own failings.

Frankly, Bilious, this newsgroup has gotten so right-wing, disgusting,
full of racists and other deplorables that even I can barely tolerate
it, so I am sure I'll be moving on soon and leaving you boys to wallow
in your own feces, ****, and vomit. The Facebook groups in which I
participate aren't filled with bigoted posters who can't get erections
except via their own snarkiness.

You are bigoted, and so full of ****, is a wonder you do not explode.
This
newsgroup is pretty middle of the road, except for 1 or 2. And I doubt
like hell you ever willfully quit posting.

Sorry, Bilious, but I am not bigoted towards anyone because of their
race, skin color, ethnicity, country of origin, gender, age, et cetera.
These are the aspects of humanity people are born with and over which
they have no or very little control. I am not a fan of those who claim
to be religious but act and speak as if they aren't, and I have little
use for many of today's Republicans, who are, indeed, deplorable, but
that doesn't mean I would discriminate against them in commerce.

As for the overwhelming number of posters here being "middle of the
road," well, I find that to be hilarious bull****.

There's very little here, Bilious, and most of what is posted is TDC.

Bye.