Canal Lee[_3_] Canal Lee[_3_] is offline

Default USN 933 Departing Washington , DC 5-7-2016.jpg

This image from my collection ( not taken by me ) starts a set of the
retired U S Navy ship USS BARRY . The ship was being towed out of
Washington , DC ,where she was on display for many years , in the
early morning of May 7,2016 . The consist came up the
Chesapeake Bay and through my town late in the day with barely enough
light for picture taking . The ship was heading for what is left of
the Philadelphia Navy Yard ,then for eventual scrapping .

You can go online and read how this came about . Very sad . We can
spend billions on bull****, but just can't seem to come up with much
money for naval preservation .

Attached Thumbnails
USN 933 Departing Washington , DC 5-7-2016.jpg-usn-933-departing-washington-dc-5-7-2016.jpg