Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default If you don't think Facebook is spying on you

On 8/20/16 2:21 PM, wrote:
As a joke with the kids, I set up a facebook page for Mr Ed (Edward G
Labrador)
I made the mistake of using my AOL Email address and they told me they
have locked Mr Ed's account. OK that may make sense but now I am
getting spammed with friend requests from people I have not talked to
in 50 years. Just from an Email address and no actual personal info
(Mr Ed's info was totally fictional) Facebook knows more about me than
I do. Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, I suppose I am locked
out of facebook forever. ;-)

I guess I made the big mistake of not just setting up an Email account
for him on my POP server or on my AOL account. The AOL account would
have been better because I doubt facebook has hacked into AOL but it
is clear they have hacked into classmates.com. It is the only link
from me to some of the people they have me connected with.

I am sure the president of my HOA would be offended that her name
popped up. She thinks she lives off the grid (removed public records
from the web, uses a nondescript email account, unlisted phone etc) We
can't even list her name on the HOA web site.

classmates.com is a real gem of an annoyance site. I rarely "like" a
product or service on facebook because of the spam that usually follows.