Yankee Racing

Default Very Interesting post from Offshore

The following is a reply Brad Walker made to a post on Hydroracer.net.
I don't know if the kneeldowns will race in Key West or not, but my hat is off
to Brad Walker and Tony Staron for all of the harad work. Thanks guys.
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Let's hope this still does. Key
West can be run, racing or not.
Connie:
Save it...
Brian,

You can save your anti-Allweiss/anti-LLC ravings for www.OffshoreOnly.com

Nobody here cares very much about Micheal Allweiss personally or about the LLC
in general. It is very obvious that you have an axe to grind. This is not the
place for you to grind it. This forum is dedicated to the sport of Stock,
Modified, and PRO Outboard racing.

To the extent that Stock, Modified and PRO Racing is involved in any event in
Key West. We have full approval for a sanction with the American Outboard
Federation (AOF). We will continue to support the event in Key West. It does
not matter to the AOF if Micheal Allweiss is involved or not. The AOF has not
partnered with the LLC in any way. We are just using the promotions and
marketing machine that is represented in Key West by Lee Mills to promote our
sport in front of 20,000 people. This is a good thing for us. I understand that
Lee Mills is continuing without the support of the LLC to put on an event in
Key West. Given the 25 year history of powerboat racing the week before
Thanksgiving in Key West, I am predicting that Lee will put on a reasonably
well attended event. Would it be better if the LLC was involved? Yes. Will it
be better than an SBI event? Yes, again. I wish Lee Mills all the best in
putting on his event, and I am still planning on attending.

The issue for us is not if Micheal Allweiss or the LLC is involved. There seems
to be an issue with permitting. It has been reported to me by Jim Poplin that
the Coast Guard has denied our request to put Stock Outboards in the water at
the Outer Mole at Truman Annex. As this location is the only viable location
for our form of the sport of powerboat racing, if true, we will not be doing an
event in Key West this November. As soon as I have the letter of denial from
the Coast Guard, I will post it here.

Stay tuned,
Brad Walker