BK

Default Very Interesting post from Offshore

This was posted on the Offshore Only site. No mention of the Stock, Mod
Event that was to have taken place.
Ho hum will things never change?

I was reading that same thread and saw how fast APBA offshore had to make a
decision, considering the Key West promoter decided not to sanction thru the
APBA LLC, - and instead put the race on as an independent event. (However,
stock outboards are still scheduled in Key West)

What a heartbreak that must be for everyone involved, including the SuperSport
and Stock, Mod guys who had planned to be a part of the major APBA UIM Worlds
show in Key West.

But we should be applauding these guys for putting this alternate plan together
as fast as they have so the offshore racers can still run a legit UIM
Worlds....

They could have just cancelled. I admire the tenacity of this bunch to transfer
this huge Offshore UIM Worlds race to a totally different state (Alabama) with
only two months left to spare.

It reminds me of the drive that Tom D'Eath and his group showed when the
Detroit Gold Cup was in peril after the promoters dropped the ball right at the
wire. That was an amazing feat they pulled off too!

PS - The group in Key West, aka "The Worlds", is still showing "stock outboard"
on their schedule.....check it out:
http://www.keywestosworlds.com/page2.html