Jeff

Default Helmet restraints

Val since you have obviously done the homework, have you talked to the
different manuf. about what would work in boat racing. Particularly OPC and
the Stock guys?
Thanks

"BK" wrote in message
David,

I've been looking at the new D-CEL helmet restraint. It does allow for

some
movement of the helmet, but probably not like you're wanting.

They use a paratrooper style harness so the G-force effect is evenly
distributed, with the pelvis as the anchor.

I called the company about a month ago and they told me this system is
currently not rated for racing above 130 mph, so you dont see NASCAR guys
wearing it (yet). But you can call the manufacturers at 800-731-4404.

Great
guys to talk to.

Safety Solutions Inc: http://www.hutchensdevice.com/

Simpson liked the design so well they have licensed the device from Safety
Solutions Inc. See some close up pics at:
http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/c...ints/50000.asp