Doug Kanter

Default cuddy get too hot?

8 bodies on a 19 foot boat? The vests alone should take up quite a bit of
space.

"Lawrence James" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I'd never give up my bowrider for a cuddy for anything. It depends on

what
you want to do with your boat. If you're into recreational fair weather
boating then there is not much advantage to a cuddy. It will reduce the
number of passengers you can carry because no one will want to be in it
while under way or while sitting. Every small boat I've been in with a
cuddy and it has looked like someones hall closet. I can easily have 8
adults and kids in my 19 ft runabout bowrider.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:56:11 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:
My wife and I are on the fence about a bowrider or a cuddy. On thing I

was
wondering is if the cabin gets really hot when you are not moving?

Yes, the cuddy will get hot. It has other advantages however:

- A place to stow gear out of sight and out of the weather.

- A modicum of privacy for the port-a-pot.

- More sea worthy in the heavy stuff.

- Enclosed bunks for the occassional night aboard or spontaneous
sports activities. :-)