Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Perspective?

On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 1:18:49 PM UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 7/7/16 1:09 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 11:42:32 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

But Hillary is being pilloried by the GOP for using a private server?

No Hillary's qualifications are being questioned because she was
"sloppy", "negligent" and "Very careless" with top secret materials
that "any reasonable person would know were secret at the time".

Yeah, that's what the FBI says, and likely what the FBI told Director
Comey to say. Considering its sleazy reputation over the decades, I'm
not sure I'd believe the FBI on almost any matter of controversy. I'm
not impugning Comey, I don't think he's dishonest. But his agency?

Remember this?

"The Justice Department and FBI have formally acknowledged that nearly
every examiner in an elite FBI forensic unit gave flawed testimony in
almost all trials in which they offered evidence against criminal
defendants over more than a two-decade period before 2000.”

You forgot this part:
"Warnings about the problem have been mounting. In 2002, the FBI reported that its own DNA testing found that examiners reported false hair matches more than 11 percent of the time. In the District, the only jurisdiction where defenders and prosecutors have re-investigated all FBI hair convictions, three of seven defendants whose trials included flawed FBI testimony have been exonerated through DNA testing since 2009, and courts have exonerated two more men. All five served 20 to 30 years in prison for rape or murder.

University of Virginia law professor Brandon L. Garrett said the results reveal a “mass disaster” inside the criminal justice system, one that it has been unable to self-correct because courts rely on outdated precedents admitting scientifically invalid testimony at trial and, under the legal doctrine of finality, make it difficult for convicts to challenge old evidence.

“The tools don’t exist to handle systematic errors in our criminal justice system,” Garrett said. “The FBI deserves every recognition for doing something really remarkable here. The problem is there may be few judges, prosecutors or defense lawyers who are able or willing to do anything about it.”

So, the FBI self-identified it had problems back in 2002. As with all big government agencies, it takes a long time to correct things. And you wonder why many of us don't want the gov running healthcare, etc.

And there are many examples of FBI crookedness.

And there are many examples of Clinton crookedness. The email server fiasco is just the latest.