Doug Kanter

Default DEwinterizing an outboard

Took my 15 hp 4 stroke Johnson to the dealer this weekend to have oil, plugs
& lower unit lube changed. The guy who wrote it up is obviously not a
fisherman because he didn't listen when I told him not to fog the thing for
winter. WTF? There are another 2 months left of pike fishing! Anyway, this
doesn't sound like a major problem, but what should I expect when starting
the motor the day after tomorrow? Strange colored smoke for a few minutes?
Tough starting? Nothing? Anything? Will the smell attract pike, or, heaven
forbid, Republicans?