Alex McGruer

Default open canadian choice

(Charlie) wrote in message . com...
I'm looking to by an open. I'd like something that I can solo or
double, touring and rivers up to easy III. Basically, I want it all.
The OT Discovery Scout seems to be a reasonable fit, any comments or
alternative suggestions?

A couple of firms make a boat called the prospector. They have
simmilar lines .
They range from 14.5 feet to 16.5 feet. I had a Chestnut. Chestnut are
now gone but the basic design with good freeboard , good rocker and
nice lines is easy to solo. Bill Mason was fond of them too. I would
look at them first. Weight varies with material and size.
I think everyone has a crack at the Prospector.
I was so taken with it I tried to build a stripper along the
prospector lines. It worked out well.
I am more into kayaking now so have not kept up with recent offerings.