Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Waynes SPOT

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 19:53:25 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:46:15 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 12:59:39 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 08:26:54 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 02:01:47 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 19:52:06 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 17:05:05 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 15:06:50 -0400,
wrote:

Why not go the other way and do the big loop? You can laze your way
down the big muddy until hurricane season wraps up then sprint across
the gulf.

===

No real interest in doing the entire great loop. As far as I'm
concerned the best part is up the east coast and into the great lakes.
I know several people who have done it because it was sort of a bucket
list goal and have then gone on to sell their boats when they
returned.

I see you are on a roll today, coming up on Cape May. Guess you didn't
stop at Mc Garveys for a beer. ;-)

I see you are anchored up right there where we launched the Monomoy
Surf Boats. Are the Coasties still rowing out to sea in boot camp?
I hope the weather holds off on you for this sprint into the big
apple.

===

The wind is howling here this morning so we may be stuck in port for a
while. I've never seen any sign of rowing activity here although
we've passed through many times. Cape May is arguably the best inlet
on the NJ coast but you have to get back in at some point.

I see you are making a run for it.

===

Conditions were actually quite nice this afternoon. We're currently
in a nice little cove in Brigantine just north of Atlantic City.
Hopefully we'll get an early start tomorrow and make it to Atlantic
Highlands. The muni marina there has the best diesel prices in the
north east. We'll be needing 700 gallons or so (just for Harry's
benefit).

I saw that cove and wondered if that was what you were shooting for.
The name has a sort of pirate sound to it ;-)

===

The pirates are across the way in Atlantic City. From here it looks
like we are anchored in the outskirts of Las Vegas. It's an
interesting sight during the day but at night it's absolutely
spectacular.