Keyser Söze Keyser Söze is offline

Default Waynes SPOT

On 6/11/16 10:16 PM, Alex wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 6/11/16 6:54 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 20:27:01 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 13:19:27 -0400, wrote:

I really prefer when we
actually get the storm and it sucks out all of the moisture for a few
days, leaving nice weather.

===

That happened to us after the tropical storm moved out, resulting in a
few days of really spectacular weather. Today was clear and sunny
also but cold and windy in the morning by our Floridian standards.

Today's big challenge was getting through the Norfolk Southern
Railroad Bridge #7. The bridge was hit a while back by an errant tug
boat and barge, and has been under repair ever since with restricted
operating hours. It has been driving boaters nuts because the posted
hours have often been incorrect and there is no way around it other
than going outside Cape Hatteras. We got up at 5:00AM this morning to
try and catch it before 7 when work starts. It was closed when we got
there at 6 but it turned out to be only temporary. We eventually got
through about 6:30 which was a big relief. The bridge is an
incredible anachronism which looks like it is at least 100 years old
and operates with the same efficiency.

http://www.waterwayguide.com/nav-alert/4-5755/norfolk-va-icw-closures-at-norfolk-southern-bridge-update

High winds on Chesapeake Bay are scheduled for Sunday but we should
make it north at least as far as Solomons or St Michaels tomorrow.

Are you planning to spend any time at Solomons?

Gosh, I hope the wind isn't blowing from the south or east...that
bankster stench will wilt our roses.

Was that you narcissism talking or just jealousy?

....*you* narcissism...

When you count up the number of your guns, do you have to use the
fingers on both hands?