Joe

Default Article about BushCo use of words

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Really? Help a fella out and point me at 1 that states the British "had
already denounced the document as a
forgery" prior to the SOTUS.

snip

Again, nowhere does it state that the British had already denounced the
document as a forgery prior to the SOTUS

I did find the following excepts interesting-

I spent the next eight days drinking sweet mint tea and meeting with

dozens of
people: current government officials, former government officials, people
associated with the country's uranium business. It did not take long to
conclude that it was highly doubtful that any such transaction had ever

taken
place.

Wow! Eight days drinking sweet mint tea talking with current and former
officials?
Now that's some solid intel!
Hopefully the CIA would not rely *solely* on this type of intel

I was convinced before the war that the threat of weapons of mass

destruction
in the hands of Saddam Hussein required a vigorous and sustained

international
response to disarm him. Iraq possessed and had used chemical weapons; it

had an
active biological weapons program and quite possibly a nuclear research

program
- all of which were in violation of United Nations resolutions. Having
encountered Mr. Hussein and his thugs in the run-up to the Persian Gulf

war of
1991, I was only too aware of the dangers he posed.