Default Consumer Reports on the Toyota Tacoma...

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 15:39:21 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

The Ford Ranger got the same reports of low uncomfortable seats. Took me a while to break-in the hard padding.
I don't know why they have to jack up the truck so much. Most people don't go off roading with them.

Ford seats are notorious for breaking down on the outboard side,
causing you to end up leaning on the door. I chucked the seats in my
Econoline and bought a set of custom chairs that I took with me when I
swapped Econolines. The bench seat in my wife's F150 was OK after 2
decades but the ones in the Explorer went south in a few years. On
that one the top cushion is easily replaceable but, alas the part is
unobtainable. I swapped it with the passenger seat that goes largely
unused so at least you are leaning in instead of out. When my wife
gripes about it I can say "I just wanted you closer to me".