Roo

Default Best Paddler

On Tue, 11 May 2004 16:12:14 +0100, Roo wrote:

Hi All

It has been a while. Mind you a uk group didn't seem particularly
useful on the other side of the world.

How's this for starters?

x-posted from ukrgb-----------

Perhaps we should be asking what attributes are required to be the
best river runner (or playboater, slalomist, raft guide, sprinter, sea
kayaker etc.) you can be?

I'll start with 2 points I consider important for a river runner:

1) Ability to focus on the right line and not the nasty consequences.

2) A measured but reactionary paddling style.

3) ....

Cruised out in a river racer last night (on flat water).

I think that point 1 still stands. and point 2, given the number of
times I wobbled, I'm a bit of a novice with these tippy things you
see.

3) Focus on the forward stroke and the edging of the boat.
4) Good posture must be maintained for stroke efficiency.
5) .....

I spent a great deal of time trying to silence my stroke. Anyone got
any tips to reduce the "plop" noise. I couldn't work out the best
entry point for the blade? (Knackered Assymetrics) The fellas using
wings seemed to be much quieter......