Wilko

Default Best Paddler

Roo wrote:
Hi All

It has been a while. Mind you a uk group didn't seem particularly
useful on the other side of the world.

How's this for starters?

x-posted from ukrgb-----------

Perhaps we should be asking what attributes are required to be the
best river runner (or playboater, slalomist, raft guide, sprinter, sea
kayaker etc.) you can be?

I'll start with 2 points I consider important for a river runner:

1) Ability to focus on the right line and not the nasty consequences.

2) A measured but reactionary paddling style.

3) A good knowledge of ones paddling ability and its limits, and knowing
how for to push those limits?

--
Wilko van den Bergh Wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe