Poquito Loco Poquito Loco is offline

Default Waynes SPOT

On Sat, 28 May 2016 20:28:05 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Sat, 28 May 2016 19:40:50 -0400, wrote:

It is looking like it will just be a nagging rain event. Good thing
you got your stabilizers fixed.
I had never really looked at the ICW that closely but I can see how
you can get pretty much all the way up there without going outside.
I am not sure how you get across the mouth of the Chesapeake.

===

Yes, it looks like the stabilizer issue is a thing of the past.
Thunderbolt Marine has a first rate hydraulic guy on the staff and we
got the parts overnighted down from Connecticut (where they are made
by swiss elves who charge accordingly). The yard manager shuffled
some of his other projects so we were in and out about as quickly as
you could hope. Five stars for Thunderbolt.

http://www.thunderboltmarine.com/

The mouth of the Chesapeake doesn't seem to be an issue for people. If
you stay on the west side it doesn't even feel like open water, and on
the east side you've got the bay bridge tunnel which kind of breaks
things up. The biggest challenge for most people is the New Jersey
coast. The NJ ICW is very shallow and just about impassable for boats
that draw more than 3 ft or so. Going outside you are totally
exposed to the North Atlantic for over 100 miles with only one truly
safe, all weather inlet north of Cape May (Atlantic City).

Glad to hear that. Tim and I were wondering about that yesterday or day before.