Default Waynes SPOT

On Sat, 28 May 2016 16:46:11 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 28 May 2016 16:10:42 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 28 May 2016 15:48:31 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 28 May 2016 06:35:30 -0700 (PDT), Keine Krausescheiße
wrote:

It looks like you are on the move again. You might be running right
into this mess. NOAA still has it coming in Saturday and still off of
the outer banks on Wednesday.

Never mind. Looks like he's going to pay a visit to the Marines.

===

Yes, we went right by Paris Island this morning.

Were making good progress for a while but the weather deteriorated
badly in the last couple of hours so we anchored up in a nice secure
spot just off the ICW and a little south west of Charleston. Looks
like it's going to be a windy, rainy night. Internet connectivity is
good, we've got a whole big crate of DVDs, 400 gallons of diesel,
several hundred gallons of water, a freezer full of food and a lot of
good wine. Bring on the storm. :-)

Times like this when you want a faster boat I guess. I saw you moving
but I doubt you can get out from under that mess. If NOAA is right,
it will be going right up the coast with you. Hunker down and be safe.
The sun will come out eventually. Maybe it will move faster than they
predict and you can run behind it.

===

This *is* a faster boat compared to all of the sail boats we've ever
owned or sailed on. We're also a lot drier and a lot more
comfortable, all the conveniences of home really, just in a smaller
space.

Speed is relative. Some our friends with fast cruisers like SeaRays
will occassionally poke fun at our leisurely trawler speeds. Then I
challenge them to a race - starting at Ft Lauderdale and ending in
Bermuda. End of speed discussion.

The difference is, running inshore, they have plenty of places to get
fuel. ;-)

We've got friends who live near an ICW marina in southern North
Carolina. I'll keep trying to push on in that direction unless the
weather gets truly awful.

It is looking like it will just be a nagging rain event. Good thing
you got your stabilizers fixed.
I had never really looked at the ICW that closely but I can see how
you can get pretty much all the way up there without going outside.
I am not sure how you get across the mouth of the Chesapeake.