Peter Clinch

Default Blade Size

Jim Wallis wrote:
Inuit blades are a little more complex than Peter implies, but the
extreme styles do have blades that are probably no more than twice the
width of the shaft and most of the length of it.

My friend wot builds his own Baidarkas also makes trad paddles that
really are pretty much a flattened log, certainly nowhere near twice as
wide as the centre. And he uses them to great effect too! I should
have a pic of Alf in action doing a monster lean with one in a Baidarka;
if I can find it I'll put it on a page and post the address.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital