Peter Clinch

Default Blade Size

Charlie wrote:

Acceleration from a standing start might be affected, I conce tried
some Inuit blades that seemed little more than a stick flattened at
each end, so felt like they had very little 'blade' area. Once you
were moving they were excellent however, very smooth and fast. Rolling
was fun though!

"Little more"? shurely "nothing more"? ;-)
Rolling is fine, as is bracing and extreme leaned turns, as long as you
remember that using these paddles is at least partly about routine use
of extended grip. As well as the ease of sliding them through your
hands, the very high natural buoyancy makes life easy with them too. In
the pool, at least, I find these easier to roll with than Standard Tat
Pool Paddles as they just float up to where you want them.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital