David Bulpitt

Default Questions from a newbie

Kayaking is great for paraplegics but a word of caution. We had a lass at
the club - game as anything. We weren't at the rolling stage but we went
paddling on the local canal with her in a Kiwi. Had great fun on the weir
- it is safe to shoot at the right levels. We improvised a block and
tackle with safety lines so that she could shoot it four or five times.
Great fun had by all.

The following week she broke her thigh bone when rolling over sunbathing
in her back garden........ Lots of blood lost, ambulances, transfusions
etc. Gave me a pause for thought. They get very osteoporotic because of
not weight bearing on the limbs.

David