Liz

Default Questions from a newbie

Richard Seaby wrote in message ...

which club are you with? there are several round Southampton - most will
have some suitable trip going on over Christmas at some point I would
have thought. Many clubs are happy to take 'drop ins' for these sort of
trips if you ask.

The main issue is having suitable kit to keep you warm .

If you haven't paddled outside the pool them you probably don't need
lessons - just a bit of time on the water to sort out going strait - not
as easy as it sounds on a windy river!

Richard

Hello Richard

Good thinking! I'll ask the local clubs if there are any "humbugs" who
would rather paddle than sit in front of the TV watching Christmas
dross : )

I haven't formally joined a club yet but have had a couple of lessons
thanks to Salisbury CC and shall be checking out Ringwood CC tomorrow.
Do you paddle with a local club? Do they accept novices?

I think you may be right about just needing a bit of time on the water
to practice. The pool isn't big enough to get into the swing of it and
learn paddling in a straight line to any degree. The kit issue is a
bit of a problem...oh well, I'll just have to go shopping I suppose
: )

Liz.