Richard Seaby

Default Questions from a newbie

In message , Liz
writes
Hello

I'm new to newsgroups (so hopefully haven't made a pig's ear of it!)
and new to kayaking. What I'd like to know is as a 35 year old
beginner, are my chances of becoming a great paddler less now than if
I'd started as a child or does age not enter the equation? I know I'm
not old but I seem to be the eldest novice in my local club, lol.

Also, as a complete "Humbug" I was wondering if any instructors out
there would be willing to give me lessons over the Christmas break. I
live in Southampton, and am yearning to get out of the pool and onto a
river. I'm trying to boycott Xmas this year and can't think of a
better way to spend it : )

TIA

Liz.

which club are you with? there are several round Southampton - most will
have some suitable trip going on over Christmas at some point I would
have thought. Many clubs are happy to take 'drop ins' for these sort of
trips if you ask.

The main issue is having suitable kit to keep you warm .

If you haven't paddled outside the pool them you probably don't need
lessons - just a bit of time on the water to sort out going strait - not
as easy as it sounds on a windy river!

Richard

--
Dr Richard Seaby

PISCES Conservation Ltd
IRC House, The Square
Pennington, Lymington
Hants, SO41 8GN
Tel +44 (0)1590 676622/674000 Fax +44 (0)1590 675599
www.irchouse.demon.co.uk www.pisces-conservation.com
www.powerstationeffects.co.uk www.amazonian-fish.co.uk