Janet Moxley

Default Loch Lyon /Loch Ericht

Peter Clinch wrote in message
snip
Quite a bit less, and whatever you take has to load through relatively
small hatches so it takes practice to optimise the space you do have.
Having said that, I can pack roughly two full expedition rucksack loads
into mine without too much trouble, and weight is effectively a
non-issue.

snip again .......

I wouldn't think it's that realistic as there's not much opportunity to

hire boats :-(

On the subject of hiring boats EKC hired some recently from Port Edgar in
Edinburgh which were pretty good for hire boats (Seayaks and Zodiaks if I
remember correctly)- much better than expected in fact! Ok so they were
plastic but they did have VERY big hatches which didn't leak and were much
less hassle to pack than the small ones on people's own fibreglass boats.
They were new boats this year so were very bright and shiny (though they
sustained a few scrapes on our trip around Lismore). We got charged £35 per
boat Friday-Sunday I think - not sure what their policy is on lending to
individuals rather than clubs, but maybe worth a try.

Also on the subject of hiring boats I was wondering whether to put a section
on where to hire boats in Scotland on the SCA website. Would anyone find
this useful? (I was thinking of including contact details of any
organisations which hire boats with details of cost, type, number, and any
restrictions e.g club use only, can only be used at a set location etc.)
Could anyone with comments on this contact me direct as well as posting here
please.

--
Cheers
Janet

Remove NOSPAM from return address before replying