Broooz

Default Gentle Paddling in Scotland.

"Mike Buckley" wrote in message

Thanks - I'll base my advice on my own experience. It doesn't take a level
IV or V coach to grade the river.

This was the problem. Your assessment of the river is incorrect. As a
result your advice was dangerously flawed. When two experienced coaches
point this out you decide to stick with your own counsel. Sorry Mike, but I
can't see the sense in that. Why not check your facts by asking a senior
coach that you trust. I am sure you cannot behave like this when leading
your scouts.

We've dealt with that. In any event, I would expect anyone paddling an
unknown river, especially one where specific advice has been given with
regard to an area to avoid, to treat it with appropriate respect. Hardly
"lulling anone into a false sense of security" you'll agree.

Not likely as your presumption implies a greater knowledge than was
reasonable. Now you are saying "treat with appropriate respect" but there
was no hint of that in your original response which is where both Jim and I
started off.