noah

Default Virus Update- Is your name on the list?

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:58:58 GMT, Dan Krueger
wrote:

Noah,

The problem with your theory is that you, like me, have a 10MB limit. I've been
getting 100 per day and I would suspect that if we had 50MB available, like
Stig, we would see more.

I'm using the Earthlink Spam Blocker, Netscape 7.X junk filter, and Mc Afee
Online Anti Virus. Even though I am blocking more and more email addresses
every day, new ones keep coming in. Mc Afee only catches a few and those don't
even have the "Swen" virus.

What I am getting are returned emails that I never sent and the MS patches. I
guess there is no way to block the returned emails since they aren't originating
from my computer.

In order to allow "real" email in, I have been cleaning my inbox from the office
through Earthlink Webmail. What a huge waste of time that is.

Good luck,
Dan

LOL! I don't have any theory Dan, I'm just bailing with the best of
'em!

This is a fairly sophisticated virus, in that it rips addy's from
newsgroups, address books, and "community boards". It also "fakes"
returned mail, in the expectation that you will open it.

It IS a huge waste of time, and if they ever catch the little
blighter, I hope they keel haul 'im! )

....carry on.
noah

To email me, please remove the "FISH" from the net.