Broooz

Default Gentle Paddling in Scotland.

"Mike Buckley" wrote in message

All that said, I still maintain that its an acceptable run at low levels

for
all but the very newest of paddlers. No doubt we can enter into a lenghty
debate about what defines a beginner / new(est) paddler(s).

This is where I would strongly argue for exercising caution. If you are
offering advice to someone of unknown standard (or in this case someone who
wanted a grade I or II river) it is dangerous to suggest a grade III plus
river. Instead you should assume the river is virtually a river beginner to
be safe. Arguably you have no legal duty of care in respect of someone
reading this newsgroup but you certainly have a moral duty to look after
their welfare.

To advise anyone in this situation that the Leny is gentle apart from the
falls is liable to lead to an accident if they take your advice.

Broooz