Mike Buckley

Default Gentle Paddling in Scotland.

The Teith sounds the best bet. I wouldn't dream of tackling the Leny
anyway. We are looking for more of a gentle paddle than a real
whitewater experience.

Teith is very pretty - launch at the car park in town. Your only problem
will be the amount of time spent punting off the bottom. Paddle Loch Ard as
well - lovely way to spend an afternoon / evening.

If were in Dumfries on Tuesday we would probably go play in the Caul
where there were others around to help us out if we got in trouble.

Launch upstream a bit and you'll have a nice wee paddle down to the Caul.
Run it by the fish ladder - no probs. Were I not constrained by having an
exam that evening, I'd come and say hi.

Other stretches of water worth considering are the Tweed (several good
introductory sections with grade 1-2)and also the Tay below where Mike
mentioned from Thistlebrigg down to Perth (mostly grade 1). Whitewater
enthusiasts probably have never done this.

Thanks for the comment.

If you want to drift along serenely, that section of Tay has much to
recommend it. Launch at Thistlebrigg - take out at North Inch in Perth,
above the first bridge (the one to Bridgend).

Mike.