Mike Buckley

Default Gentle Paddling in Scotland.

Bother? What "bother" is that then? This is Scotland we're talking about and
we don't have an access problem!

Loch Lubnaig and Loch Ard. Loch Tay and Loch Earn. No probs there.

Pop across to Perth and do the Tay from Stanley to Thistlebrigg. Minor probs
at Stanley but you'll be within your legal rights.

If the Leny is low, its relativly gentle (ex the Falls of course). The Teith
from Callander down to the take out which is by the Quarry entrance and just
below the last rapids would also fit your criteria very well.

Dumfries - paddle Loch Ken. Also consider the Nith - especially the
Drumlanrig Bridge to Thornhill section or on to the bridge at Auldgirth. If
you want to play on the Caul at Dumfries you'll find DKC there most Tuesdays
about 6.30ish.

Border Esk is gentle-ish - one nasty droppy bit.

Have fun - Mike.

Ewan Scott wrote in message
om...
Going home to Callander and later to Dumfries next week. I'd intended
taking boats with us and doing some paddling but after checking out
the access pages on the Scotish Canoe Union site it looks like an
awful lot of bother.

We might well do some on Loch Lubnaig, but wouldn't mind trying some
gentler stretches of river Grade 1/2, or somewhere where we could
play about below falls in relative safety. ie running the Leny is not
an option.

Ewan Scott