Ewan Scott

Default Loch Ard /Lake of Monteith

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:05:59 +0000 (UTC), "Mike Buckley"
wrote:

"Jim Wallis" wrote in message
Mike has barely explained it - Lake of Menteith is a BIG fishery

(Trout
presumably) and whenever I've passed there have been loads of angling
boats out on it. I'm sure if you are in season and you pay to use one

of
their boats you've got a chance, but I think you might get hassle

trying
to bimble around on your own coarse fishing or something.

!!

Once the Loch Leven positino is clarified, perhaps Lake of Menteith and
Carron Valley Reservoir should be targetted as well! Good paddling /
sailing waters preserntly subject to unreasonable and selfish control by
the vested interests of a small minorty group.

Loch Ard is kind of nice, as are other lochs around there. I think

there
may be restrictions on Loch Katrine because it's reservoir, never sure
why some reservoirs have restrictions, the water is treated and there

is
a steamboat on it.....

Katrine is one of those situations where officialdom get officioius and
try and refuse that which they have no right to refuse. Apparantly. IIRC
there was some debate here a while back - a Google Groups search would
get it.

My info is now well out of date.... however, there was an isue some
time ago about access to Lochs used as reservoirs and the use of said
waters. Seemed to me rather crass at the time but I can't see why you
can't canoe Katrine when there's a bloody great steamer going up and
down it every day :-)

Ewan Scott
http://www.claytonwestscouts.org.uk