Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default No golf today

On 2/25/2016 8:56 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 2/25/16 8:16 PM, John H. wrote:
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 6:59:01 PM UTC-5, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 2/25/16 6:32 PM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 17:59:15 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

He must've been getting warm. The name-calling has crescendoed.

It's that damn fake set of Klipschorns that's got him ****ed. Damn,
if the label
isn't even spelled correctly, you'd think they'd be able to
recognize some
not-so-genuine Klipschorns.
--

This from a moron who believe expensive little speakers deliver more
lifelike sound than expensive big speakers. Are there no limits to your

Please show me where I ever made such a statement, or is that just
more Krausescheiße? I will say that there are some small expensive
speakers that deliver better sound than some big expensive speakers.
Size and cost matters to you narcissists, but listening enjoyment
matters to most normal people. Of course, listening enjoyment doesn't
bestow 'bragging rights' which is something you sorely need. That's a
shame.

I doubt a Bach organ fugue played on and recorded off a serious pipe
organ sounds better on a small speaker than on a large speaker, assuming
the speakers are of excellent quality. A small speaker, no matter the
equalization, is not going to be able to properly reproduce and present
the bass notes played by the pedals. I know that because I used to carry
a CD when shopping for speakers, and on your Bose 901s, which I once
tried out at Myer-Emco, I believe, the pedal notes sounded like farts.

I don't know of any speaker ... large or small, expensive or not, that
can accurately reproduce "lifelike" bass pedals tones of a pipe organ
and that includes your maggies. A good sized, powered subwoofer might
helps at low volumes but it really doesn't matter anyway because the
recording of the pipe organ can't contain the full, "lifelike" tones to
begin with. You are trying to reproduce something that isn't there.

The system I had at the guitar shop's performance stage consisted of a
pair of powered JBL speakers (700 watts each) that had horns, midrange
speakers and 15" woofers. In addition, the system had two, 18" powered
JBL subwoofers at 1000 watts each. They wouldn't be able to accurately
reproduce the "lifelike", full range and intensity of a pipe organ
either. I had a B3 Hammond with Leslie on the stage that was "mike'd"
to the mixing board which, in turn, fed the audio to the JBL mains and
subs. Did a decent job but it's still not a pipe organ.