True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default No golf today

John H.
"But almost all of my fishing was between Deale and the Patuxent. Only fishing in the
Potomac was for catfish in the channel with grandkids.

The extra salt may mean a new exhaust manifold sooner...five years, maybe? But, it
appeas very easy to replace on that four. And it looks like they run less than $400.
On the V8, they were a bitch, and much more expensive, of course."

....and I was worried about the bellows rotting out! Salesman said it should last 15 years.
A new exhaust manifold every five years doesn't appeal to me. You'd think they would come up with a better material.
I've never owned an inboard/outboard and I am a bit leary about it. I'd better start reading up on how the engine cooling system works and how much routine maintenance is required.
Already I can see that the optional 23" deep swim platform is going to make flushing the lower end a bit harder. The idea is that platform will make it easier for the dog to reboard after swimming. The 170BR with outboard motor has a very narrow reboarding spot next to the outboard well.